Thursday, September 6, 2007

Wikis

Like I said in an earlier post, I have no problem with wikis. I don't encourage others to use them, but I do use them myself. I'm a huuuuuuge talker (really, Julie? you?) and what I love about a wiki is that it's like talking to someone. I can think "what is Helen talking about?" when she tells me stories of the Tour de France and if she's not around I can go to wikipedia and find out. And they talk to me like I am a moron. I love that. And if I were to consider using the information I find on a wiki, I could just verify through Helen (or another valid reference material) that it's correct first.

I played around a little with what some libraries are doing with wikis and found a wiki that links you to library blogs. I loved that! Harford County has some great blogs, including one for book clubs and one for teens. Now I can actually go back to technorati with a favorite blog. Who knew?

2 comments:

J Alan said...

blog junkie

tmjerseygirl said...

Way to go Julie!
Congrats on completing 23 Things.
Your candor made me laugh.